Live like a Pro for the Weekend
Join Pro riders Marco Pinotti and Matteo Carrara for a training weekend in the Kent/Surrey countryside
The Performance Weekender
Friday 12th April to Sunday 14th April 2013
Get the full pro treatment:
- Ride with pro riders – personalised and technical rides on quiet, varied terrain. 3 tailored rides around the stunning Ashdown Forest, Sussex.
- Pre-ride physiological tests*
- Post ride massage
- Support car
- Captivating talks and briefings on training techniques, performance management
Your hosts for the weekend
Currently riding with BMC, Marco is known as one of the best time trialists in the world. He finished 5th in the Olympic time trial and won the final time trial stage of the Giro in 2012. As well as being a multiple stage winner in the Giro D’Italia and a holder of the Giro Pink leader’s jersey, Marco has been 5 times Italian Time Trial champion and recently published a book on life as a pro –‘The Cycling Professor’ in which he gives a fantastic insight into life as a pro bike rider. Prior to joining BMC, Marco was a teammate of Mark Cavendish at HTC Highroad. Two days after he leaves us Marco starts in the Giro Trentino as part of his build-up to this year’s Giro d’Italia.
Resident Pro cyclist at Cadence. Matteo recently retired after 12 years as a pro rider with Vacansoleil. A former winner of the Tour of Luxembourg, Matteo has completed the Giro 6 times, the Vuelta 5 times and the Tour de France once. Matteo has great experience to share on position, riding style, nutrition and training
The Performance Weekender is suitable for all levels of rider, male and female – including sportive, competitive road and triathlon riders. It is a great weekend to consolidate your winter training or get some miles in before we get to the summer season. The groups will be allocated according to power and fitness levels so you will not find yourself ‘burned off’ or frustrated as you wait for backmarkers. This is a great opportunity to have all those questions answered about training, preparation, diet and technique, all in an informal environment.
If it all gets too hard then you always have the option of jumping into the support car!
Fri 12th April
- 17.00 – 19:30
- Arrival, Bike preparation.
- Welcome presentation, weekend agenda and objectives. Drinks before dinner.
- 20:30 – 22:00
- Group Dinner
Saturday 13th April
- 9.30- 10.00
- First ride two groups. Riders allocated by measured power levels. Both groups relatively easy ride session (40km), flat higher rpm warm up, shallow ramps.
- 12:30 – 13.30
- Buffet lunch
- 13:30 – 16:00
- Second ride of day (60km). Ride leaders swap. Increased intensity relative to morning ride with higher tempo threshold riding with some VO2max climbs
- 18:00 – 19:30
- Technical seminar and drinks – Training with data channels, HR, Power, RPE, Lactate test talk with demo
- 19:30 – 21:30
- 21:30 – 22:30
- Matteo and Marco presentation. Training as a Pro and racing
Sunday 14th April
- Third ride 4.5hr non-stop comprehensive, flat, hills, rolling ride – slow out, sub threshold and tempo, reaching multi- VO2 max.
- 14.30 – 15:30
- 15.30 – 17:00
- Final wrap session, Q & A
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the luxury 4* Ashdown Park Hotel
- All meals from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon
- Energy drinks and bars for your rides
- All talks and seminars
- Post ride massage
- Physiological test*
- Use of the on-site spa and health club
What’s not included:
- Travel to and from the venue
- Book before 24th March 2013
- Book after 24th March 2013
- Non Riding Partner
Group Discount 5% off above prices
Book 4 or more places at once
Prices include all pre-ride physiological assessment, meals, accommodation, use of health spa and facilities at Ashdown Park Hotel from Friday evening 12th April to lunchtime Sunday 14th April
Prices are all based on twin sharing. Single supplement for the weekend £115
*The pre-ride physiological assessment takes place at Cadence 2a Anerley Hill, London SE20 2AA at a time to suit you. The assessment is optional. Normally costing more than £100, your assessment is included in the prices quoted above.
Book Your Place Now
Pay by Credit or debit card. Deposit payable on booking. Deposits is non-refundable and non-transferable. Call us on 020 8676 8825 to apply any group discount or add non-riding partners. Final payment is due 1 week before departure